Proper maintenance of your chainsaw pants is key for ensuring their longevity and optimal performance. At Arbortec Forestwear, we understand the importance of protecting yourself while working in the arb industry. Not to stress! Here are some of our top essential tips to keep your Arbortec chainsaw trousers in top condition. 🌳
1. Cleaning: Regular cleaning is important to remove unwanted dirt and debris. Start by shaking off loose dirt and gently brushing away debris. For tougher stains, use a soft brush or sponge with mild soap and warm water.
We recommend that you wash your garments at least once a week if worn everyday, our Nikwax Techwash is easy to use whilst optimising the performance of waterproof gear. Do not use harsh chemicals, bleach, or fabric softeners, as they can damage the protective qualities of the trousers. After cleaning, rinse thoroughly and hang to air dry.
2. Drying: Always allow your chainsaw pants to air dry naturally after cleaning. Avoid using direct heat sources like radiators or tumble dryers, as they can cause shrinkage, deformation, or damage to the fabric. Hang them in a well-ventilated area, away from direct sunlight, this ensures that the fabric does not get bleached and will be completely dry before storage.
3. Inspection: We recommend that you inspect your chainsaw pants for signs of wear and tear, especially the seams, zippers and protective layers. If you notice any fraying, loose stitching or damage to the fabric, we recommend that you repair them as soon as you notice them as small holes can become large tears quickly.
We offer Breatheflex and Breatheflex Pro repair patches, which can be glued or stitched on, but must not be glued or stitched to the inner clogging fabric. We recommend that you stitch to the outermost layer and also apply fabric to the inside of the pants to stitch around the patch.
It is crucial to wear the correct size to avoid damaged seams by referring to our sizing guide. The seams should be relaxed and not under any tension. In particular, the crotch seam located at the base of the zipper fly can experience increased strain during use. To reinforce these areas, we have incorporated bartacks. However, if you notice any damage, it is essential to address before the seam tears open.
4. Storage: When not in use, store your chainsaw pants in a clean, dry environment. Avoid damp or humid areas as this can cause mould. We recommend to hang or fold your chainsaw trousers neatly to prevent creasing.
5. Replacing Components: Over time, certain components of your chainsaw pants may wear out, such as buttons, zippers, or waist bands. It is essential to replace these components promptly to maintain the trousers' functionality and safety features. Contact us at Arbortec at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact a professional garment repair service to source genuine replacement parts and ensure correct installation.
Maintaining your Arbortec chainsaw pants is a vital aspect of preserving their durability and protective qualities. By following these summarised maintenance tips, including regular cleaning, proper drying, thorough inspection, appropriate storage, and utilising Arbortec's maintenance products, you can maximise the lifespan and performance of your trousers. Remember, well-maintained chainsaw trousers contribute to your safety and peace of mind while working in challenging environments.